Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Double Header of a Sunday

holy crap!
thank you for the bday wishes
So, it's my birthday AND it's Father's Day.

Double Whammy!  Nice.

I haven't written in here for a while.  Been really preoccupied with... well everything.  Work, +Android Coliseum, band, teeball, etc...

I know I know... I keep promising to be more active on here.  I try to make an honest attempt.  But, things get in the way.  Even my 'social networks' are lacking - despite that somehow I'm nearly at 9k circlers on G+.  Wow.

Let's get caught up ... first up... today:

June 16th
Father's Day and My Birthday!
this... but green
Well, I got a new shirt and a dalek poster from Mandy.  Dean got me some Lego Star Wars and made me an Angry Bird (Chuck) from a rock he painted.  So cute.
The day was pretty 'mundane', but that's exactly how I wanted it.  Relaxing.  It was really nice out, so I did some mowing (mowed the back lane up to Body's house... nearly burnt out the motor).
It was so good we turned on the sprinkler for Dean, which prompted getting Body over.  Which prompted getting Dylan to come over.  Dylan came with her mom, brother Jackson and cousin Dan.  It was great having all the kids run around.  And me just lounging in the hammock.
Finished the day with dinner at my folks with the in-laws (Mandy was working).  Mmmm... o'henry squares.
June 8-9
Soapbox Derby Racing
This was a mega fun event.  Mandy had signed Dean up for it, so I didn't really pay much attention, but WOW, was that fun.
He raised $250 for George Jeffrey, and well... I won't ruin the surprise, I'll let the photos tell the story.

Those were the 2 latest biggies... can't think of anything else but the standard mundane stuff like work, teeball and piping gigs... just so much to do lately.

Teeball
I'll be making some of the cards soon.  Can't wait to see the photos.  It's amazing how much fun being 'coach Ryan' again is.  I did the 'unthinkable' and welched on a pipeband gig to coach (normally Mandy takes over for me on those Thursdays, but she went to Duluth and another of the parents had canceled).

No comments:

Post a Comment